The England international has been linked with a move to the Catalan giants, who are looking for a replacement for Neymar.
The barcelona transfer news today 2022 is a rumor that Raheem Sterling would be open to a loan move to Barcelona in January.
The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has ended! Following a summer of international football, a slew of teams waited until the last minute to finalize their deals. Here you can see all of the key signings and see how we rated them. However, just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
TOP STORY: Sterling is open to a move to Camp Nou.
According to Sport, Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is open to a January transfer to Barcelona.
The LaLiga team allegedly tried a summer transfer for the 26-year-old before completing a late loan deal in the window.
Despite the fact that the effort fell through in the last week of the window, the club is optimistic that they will be able to complete a deal in the winter since they have maintained contact with Sterling’s camp.
The winger is believed to demand a hefty salary, but the Catalan club is ready to pay due to its financial difficulties.
Sterling is said to desire to leave the Etihad in pursuit of more regular first-team action. With the acquisition of Jack Grealish, the club’s strength in depth in the wide areas has been highlighted. The England international has witnessed a decrease in his impact and starting space at the club over the last year.
Barcelona has struggled to score goals, which has been exacerbated by Sterling’s old colleague Sergio Aguero’s injury.
Barcelona has only scored 11 goals this season, compared to Real Madrid, who have scored twice as many with 22 goals. With the club now in 9th position in the standings, a few new faces may help them contend once again.
In pursuit of greater playing time, Raheem Sterling is open to a transfer to Barcelona. Getty Images/Matthias Hangst
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Marca, Barcelona has reached a stalemate in talks with three members of their playing team over new contracts owing to budgetary constraints. Due to financial issues, the contracts of Ousmane Dembele, Ansu Fati, and Sergi Roberto have all come to a halt, although the club still expects new contracts to be signed. If nothing is done, all three players will be free agents in the summer.
– Following the extension of Lorenzo Pellegrini’s contract, AS Roma is focusing on securing the services of other key players. Jose Mourinho is expected to give new contracts to Bryan Cristante, Gianluca Mancini, and Nicolo Zaniolo, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
– Tottenham Hotspur are considering a move for Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger, whose contract is up for renewal. Spurs are one of four clubs watching the 28-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer and has openly addressed the Blues’ offer of a new contract, according to the Daily Express.
– According to Calciomercato, Roma are keeping an eye on Denis Zakaria’s possible transfer from Borussia Monchengladbach. The midfielder’s contract expires in the summer, and despite the Bundesliga club’s offer to extend it, the 24-year-old has yet to accept it. Roma think they can sign the midfielder due to a lower salary cost as a result of player transfers.
– AC Milan are expected to extend striker Rafael Leao’s contract due to his growing impact at the Serie A club. According to Calciomercato, the Rossoneri received bids for the 22-year-old over the summer, but turned them down and have watched him put in strong performances this season. As a consequence, they plan to propose a new contract when the present one expires in 2024.
Raheem Sterling, a Manchester City player, has been open to a loan move to Barcelona in January. The forward has been linked with the Catalan club since last year. Reference: raheem sterling net worth.